Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Colleen's 1st Library Card

Last night we went to the library and Colleen got her 1st library card. She was so excited to get her very own card so she could pick out books.

At first Colleen didn't understand why we couldn't "buy" the books and keep them forever, but then we explained that with her library card, she could borrow books every week and keep getting new ones.

She finally understood and picked out about 5 books to take home. She was so excited.

Another Colleen story - and this one shows that she is very smart and that Jeff and I are going to be in a lot of trouble when she gets older.

It was dinner time and Colleen was taking a long time to finish eating her cheeseburger. I told Colleen that if she finished her burger before I finished the dishes we could go to the library. She agreed and the challenge was on!
I finally finished all the pots and pans and sat down at the table. Colleen was still eating.
I looked at Colleen and said - "I win, I guess we aren't going to the library tonight"
Colleen looked at me and said - "Mom, you aren't done with the dishes yet. You still have to clean MY plate!" And with that she put the last bite of cheeseburger in her mouth!

I almost had to get up from the table to laugh - she really had gotten me with that one! Of course, we did end up going to the library!

No comments: