Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Our First Day at Ocean City, NJ


Colleen and Kellen - OC, NJ

Action shot of Colleen running from the waves


"Where are my snacks?"

"Time to go to work"


Me trying to get an interesting shot from under the lifeguard chair

Kids and Jeff making a sand castle

Colleen smiling big at the ocean!


The waves were a little rough the first day we got there

"Why are you taking my picture again?"


Kellen chillin

We arrived in Ocean City, New Jersey for the first day of our family vacation on July 2nd.

We picked the kids up right after nap time at school and headed straight for Grandmommies house at the beach. We were all so excited!



The first day we were at the beach (July 3rd) was a fantastic day! The kids really enjoyed spending time on the beach.....Colleen a little more than Kellen. Each time we went out...after about 1 hour or 1.5 hours.....Kellen went off like a timer and he was ready to head back to the house.

Colleen on the other hand, would spend the entire day on the beach. She loved collecting her sea shells and "special rocks". She would dig holes too - but would always fill them back in "so no one else falls and gets hurt Mom"

The funniest was one time when I told her I was going to take a little nap and I told her to not go in the water and to play on the sand. Her response "Mom, I am going to go play down in the water so I don't make any noise and wake you from your nap!" Too funny!


Colleen did really great in the water too. One other beach goer commented on how "brave" Colleen was and how she is going to be a strong swimmer when she is older. I just thought it was funny when I told Colleen she was going in too far she would respond "Mom....I am going to be alright....I am OK"

No comments: