Sunday, September 7, 2008

Our visit to the Firehouse!

Ryan is the very nice firefighter who gave us our tour. He was extremely nice, even when the kids didn't warm up to him at first.
In the beginning, Colleen was very shy...but you can see her come out of her shell towards the end of our visit
Look, she can almost touch the pedals
"I can drive this, no problem"
Colleen LOVED driving the trucks
Kellen's future profession?
"What happens if I turn this key?"
"I want that one for Christmas"
"I locked the keys in the truck"
"I don't need help getting up on this truck"

Kellen driving the big rescue truck
Colleen driving the rescue truck
Kellen driving the water truck
Colleen driving the water truck
Kellen, Colleen and I riding in the water truck

If you ask Colleen what she wants to be when she grows up...9 times out of 10 she will say "Fireman"

Colleen LOVES everything to do with firemen and is always asking to watch her favorite show "Fireman Sam" on PBS Sprout.

So, I asked Mr. Bill if he could arrange for a tour of the local fire station. He called up a friend who works at the Ellicott City station and got us a tour today.

The kids had a great time and Colleen loved learning about the trucks...and both kids LOVED driving the trucks.

It was a really great time - Thank you Mr. Bill!

No comments: