Friday, January 18, 2008

Kellen's 1st REAL Snow

The beautiful view from our deck

Kids pointing and laughing at the snow


"Kellen, this is a snowball"

Colleen's Snowman








Kellen got his 1st REAL snow yesterday.

I think we got anywhere from 3.5 - 4.5 inches of snow yesterday. The kids daycare closed early, so I had to venture out with all the crazies and pick them up by 3pm. I decided to leave my office at 1pm - just in case. Boy, I was glad I did that. My office is only 12 miles away from their school and it usually takes 20 minutes (tops) to get to work. Yesterday it took me an HOUR to pick them up. Going 10-20 miles per hour on Interstate 95 was a lot of fun!

After I finally made it home with the kids, Jeff came home from work and took them outside.

Kellen was very interested in the snow and had a great time walking around in it and trying to make a snowball like his big sister.

Colleen just wanted to get outside and make her snowman. Jeff and Colleen spent about an hour or more outside working on the snowman. She was so proud of it when they were done, so you can imagine how upset she got when the snowman was no longer visible this morning after the rain melted him away.

I had to explain to her that just like Frosty, her snowman went to the North Pole where it is always cold and to visit with Santa.

Looks like we could be getting more snow in the next week or so - so I know the kids were be excited to go out and play some more

No comments: