Monday, February 25, 2008

Colleen Surprises Us Again



Colleen is always surprising us with the funny things that she says.


Like this morning, she told me she was a "dult" because she has a kid. She told me that she took her baby to get her hair cut, but her baby cried because the person was a stranger.

Tonight she wasn't going to bed, so I asked her what was going on. She responded "Mom, my baby lost her teeth, so I had to put them under her pretend pillow so the Tooth Fairy will come"

"Oh.....OK then. Make sure they are under there and that your baby goes to sleep or else the Tooth Fairy won't come" I quickly responded.

Sunday, I heard Colleen correcting Kellen for something, but wasn't sure what it was. I asked her what Kellen did and she responded "Mommy, Kellen keeps putting his fingers on the glass window....and it is leaving marks"
(Wow - that isn't me! That is her Grammy talking)

Finally, the biggest surprise of all came on Sunday night. Jeff was putting Colleen to bed when her heard her singing something. The lines were "She was a girl.......He was a boy.....Can I make it any more obvious"

Any guesses on the song?

Yes - Sk8ter Boy from Avril Levine. She heard Jeff and I singing it earlier in the day, while we were playing Sing Star. Amazingly enough she heard it once and was able to remember the words.

No comments: